Booking Terms and Conditions
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Basis For Our Policy
- Marlborough Sounds Adventure Company (MSAC) understands that travel plans vary due to illness, accident and people simply changing their minds.
- In turn, we ask our clients to understand that we may have turned away a number of keen people for the places we have reserved for you. We may also have committed expenses for food, staff, transport or accommodation for your trip. We will have incurred expense in processing your enquiry and bookings.
- Finally, we have learned to respect the sea and the New Zealand weather, and not to take unnecessary risks.
Safety Policy in Exceptional Weather Conditions
Our policy is not to launch a Guided Trip or Freedom Rental on safety grounds if we consider that the wind and sea conditions are unsafe for that group. This is our decision. In this situation we give a full refund.
If the forecast is for improving weather, we will ask clients if they can accept a delayed start, or reschedule onto another trip. If a guided trip starts and the weather deteriorates to the point where safety is compromised, MSAC will bring the group out by water transport. In this case, there is a partial refund based on a pro-rata per day refund for each full day not spent on the trip, less the cost of the water transport (maximum $50 per person).
Freedom Rental Period
Half day rental period is from 9.30am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 4.30pm.
One day rental period is from 9.00am (earlier by arrangement) and finishes at around 4.30pm.
Multi Day Kayak & Mountain Bike Freedom rental – the rental period begins at approximately 9.00am (earlier by prior arrangement) and finishes around 4.30pm on the last day of your rental period.
Booking Confirmation and Cancellations
Half Day, Twilight and One Day Guided Trips – a $20 deposit is required (or credit card number) to confirm your booking. Cancellation must be received by 7.00am on the morning of departure, or full trip value, per person will be charged.
Multi Day Kayak and Mountain Bike Rental – To confirm your booking we require a 50% deposit. Receipt of deposit confirms that you understand and agree to our cancellation policy which is as follows:
- Deposit is refundable up to 7 days from date of departure. If notification is received inside this time, and we are able to re-hire the boats, then deposit may be refunded.
- Final payment can be made on the morning of departure. Full trip value will be charged if clients do not show on morning of departure.
- Upon receipt of your deposit we will send you pre trip information which details what to bring etc.
There are no refunds after your trip or period of hire has started. This includes Freedom Rental parties that return before their period of hire has run its full course for whatever reason.
Guided & Freedom Walks – A non-refundable deposit of $100 per person is required to confirm your booking. Final payment is required 30 days prior to departure date. Cancellations received up to 7 days from day of trip departure – 50% of trip value refund. Cancellations received 7 days or less from date of departure – no refund
3 Day Ultimate Sounds Adventure – A deposit of $50 per person is required to confirm your booking. Final payment is required 30 days prior to departure date. Cancellations received up to 7 days from day of trip departure – 50% of trip value refund. Cancellations received 7 days or less from date of departure – no refund
Warning: Under New Zealand law it is extremely unlikely that you will be able to sue anyone if you are injured. In addition, New Zealand’s accident compensation scheme provides only limited assistance to visitors to New Zealand who are injured. We strongly recommend that all visitors to New Zealand have full insurance covering any injury they might suffer, including medical treatment cover, before undertaking this activity.
Exclusions: To the extent by law, all liability for damage to your property, disruption to travel plans or mental injury is excluded. This exclusion is subject to any rights or remedies you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.